Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bride & Groom Cake Toppers (stockings cotton black,white,red, and lace baterial, cardboard thread pipecleaners, blue top pins)




My wedding. When my mom said she would make my wedding cake (best carrot cake ever) I told her I would take care of the cake toppers. Searching for inspiration I discovered the brilliant, Ann Wood. I fell in love with her sweetheart cake toppers. Unfortunately, her fine craftsmanship wasn't within my budget, (although her price is very appropriate if not generous.) I consider myself a crafty person, but these little guys really tested my abilities. The result, two kind of cute kind of awkward birds highly representative of the bride and groom. However,the craftsmanship is pretty shady. Not very easy stitching and visible glue smudges I don't know how Anne does it. I listed the materials I used, but I have no clue how I ended up with the final product envision a wrestling match with me and a stocking. They were really fun with cake and added a personal touch. As cute and conservative as our little bird representatives looked we didn't act as charming and proceeded to smash the cake into eachothers faces. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment